January is National Puzzle Month –
here are 13 links to free online puzzles to challenge your brain and fill your time on a long winter’s night.
1. Puzzle Express – Here you will find all kinds of puzzles, word games and solitaire games to play online, on your desktop or on your Pocket PC
2. HoadWorks’ Wordly-Wise website features over twenty original word games in the spirit of Lewis Carroll and William Espy. Grab your dictionaries and enjoy some creative word puzzles. Subscribe to the Wordly-l mailing list to receive a word game each day in your email!
3. Jigzone – A Jigsaw Puzzle Paradise – JigZone is an online Jigsaw Puzzle where you choose the level of difficulty from a simple 6 piece cut to a challenging 247 piece cut.
4. 1001 Online Games – puzzles, board games, card and arcade games
5.Online jigsaw puzzles for kids at the Kidzpage – includes holiday puzzles
6. Pogo.com – an assortment of free puzzle games from the wildly popular Poppit! to the classic Mahjong.
7. Web Sudoku – they say there are “billions” of free sudoko puzzles here – I didn’t count them, but there are a lot!
9. Thinks.com – Explore Thinks, solve puzzles and enjoy games!
10. from Bored.com – over 1500 brain teasers and riddles for you to solve
11. JSPuzzles.com – dozens of very, very nice jigsaw puzzles to piece together online
12. Smartkit Puzzle Playground – all kinds, includes printable puzzles
13. Check out my other blog – Thrifty Creativity – for the series of make your own puzzles you’ll find there this month.