I said in a previous post that my sister knits beautiful socks.
Every time I saw her wearing her socks, I wanted to make beautiful socks too.
But I couldn’t. Or I thought I couldn’t. I didn’t think I could learn to knit. I didn’t think I could learn to knit with four needles. I didn’t think there was any other way to knit a sock. I couldn’t find a crocheted sock pattern that didn’t look hokey.
So then every time I saw my sister wearing her beautiful socks, I wanted to pull her hair.
(okay, not really.
yeah, really, sort of.
I learned to knit with four needles.
I also found a bunch of free patterns teaching how to make socks, patterns for two needle knit socks and Hey! patterns for crochet socks that are very nice.
Here’s the list:
1. Sock Knitting 101
2. Bev’s Quick Two-needle socks
3. Basic Sock Pattern in 8 sizes
4.Basic Two –needle sock pattern in 3 yarn weights
5. A really nice crochet ankle sock using sock weight yarn
6. Crochet child’s sock
7. Crochet socks – three styles from one pattern (nice, too!)
8. Same three styles from one pattern, this time for kids
9. Basic crochet thick socks
10. another “how to knit a sock” tutorial – step by step with pictures
11. Ladies simple sock on circular needles ( “simple”, so they say – I haven’t tried this!)
12. Easy beginner knit socks
13. Toe up crochet socks – the ultimate crochet socks!
Send me a picture of your finished socks from one of these patterns and I’ll post it!