We went to the farm stand today to pick up the corn we needed to continue our farm fun.
Here are 13 ideas for using corn:
1. How to cook corn on the cob in the microwave – with the husks still on! Fun!
2. DLTK’s corn cob craft for kids
3. How to make a basic cornhusk doll ( my page – while you’re there, check out the rest of the site…:>)
4. Some examples of intricate and beautiful cornhusk dolls (I only wish this one was my page – these are gorgeous)
5. A corn kernel necklace – especially pretty with the multi colored Indian corn
6. Technically not a craft using corn, but pretty and still related to the theme – an Indian corn pin made from beads
7. Try braiding a cornhusk mat
8. A very simple recipe for potato corn chowder – perfect for the kids to make
9. Don’t forget to make some popcorn!
10. You can use dried corn cobs as paint rollers for an art project – put a couple tablespoons of paint on to a cookie sheet for a painting tray
11. Or, you can cut the dried corn cobs in half and use them as stamps, this time putting a bit of paint on a folded, moistened paper towel for a stamp pad
12. Here are the instructions for some very pretty carnations made from dried cornhusks. If you happen to have a “cornhusk comb shredder (???)” just laying about.
13. It would be a lot easier to make the cornhusk daisy at the bottom of the page.